My Podcast

2023/11/29

Weight loss journey - Week 3

Well, last week was disappointing. Let's make this week a good one since week 2 was unsatisfactory lol~

Here we are, already at week 3. While week 1 was pretty decent, week 2 turned out to be a massive disappointment. Weight kept going up and down and only went down on the last day. Let's make sure things are a bit better this week. I think what I learnt from last week is to be mindful eating the last meal of the day. Keep on top of calories and don't eat too late, which is essential if you want to see a difference on the scale in the morning. 

Week 2 weight loss graph

As you can see, week 2 has had a rather flat line. I only lost 0.2 kg, which is hugely disappointing. So believe me, I'll be eating lots of soup this week lol.


Week 3 Day 1

Weight: 0 kg (0 kg weekly total; -1.2 kg total).

Breakfast: kimchi sandwich (2 slices of white bread, thin slice of spam, tomato, homemade kimchi wrapped in 2 beaten eggs, all cooked in a pan. I really need to make a separate post about it lol).

Lunch: homemade veggie soup with 2 plant based sausages and a dollop of soya yoghurt; 1 digestive biscuit, 1 clementine. 

Dinner: homemade veggie soup with a dollop of soya yoghurt; 500ml lager.

Total calories: ~1155 kcal.

Workout: no workout.


Week 3 Day 2 

Weight: -0.6 kg (-0.6 kg weekly total; -1.8 kg total).

Breakfast: homemade veggie soup with a dollop of soya yoghurt.

Snack: croissant.

Lunch: 2 eggs, 2 plant based sausages, 2 tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, yellow pepper.

Snack: banana with peanut butter. 

Dinner: white rice, 2 soft boiled eggs, wakame, homemade kimchi, tobiko, and a glass of ale.

Total calories: ~1479 kcal

Workout: 50 minute session at the gym (mix of elliptical, T-bar row, single arm lat pulldowns; ~216 kcal burned.  


Week 3 Day 3

Weight: 0 kg (-0.6 kg weekly total; -1.8 kg total).

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pork sausages, tomato, sautéed spinach, red pepper.

Lunch: a small piece of turkey, 2 small roasted potatoes.

So, technically I skipped lunch because husband and I had a private chef event and we did not have time or ability to eat, so I munched on a couple of potatoes and turkey slice lol.

Cute dog at the client's house

Dinner: ramen noodles.

That's so unhealthy and 400+ calories in one pack. Not my usual choice of dinner but it took us an hour to get home after the event and we came home really late. Tiredness got the better of us. 😩

Total calories: ~1070 kcal.

Workout: no workout but done a lot of walking and lifting things around during the event. My workout watch estimated that I've burned ~300+ calories within the evening. 


Week 3 Day 4

Weight: -1 kg (-1.6 kg weekly total; -2.8 kg total).

OMG I can't believe I've lost one kilo overnight! I even had ramen around 1am last night. 🥲 I really thought this will ruin it. But crazily enough everything worked out amazing! Almost 3kg overall loss and I hit another milestone! Only 0.4 kg until Milestone 3. Really excited.

Milestone 2 reached on Happy Scale!

Current weight loss rate is 0.81 kg per week and the estimated goal reach is in 8 months. Getting there! 

Breakfast: 3/4 of a cup of roasted potatoes with 2 scrambled eggs, kimchi and a bit of tomato ketchup.

In the next couple of days I'll be eating weird stuff (as in, not my usual foods), because we have a lot of leftovers from the event and I don't believe in food waste lol. It is all pretty calorific so I'll just be eating small portions of things.  

Lunch: smoked salmon with Crème Fraîche and rocket mix on toast, Pommes Anna, small cube of stuffing (private event leftovers).

Dinner: lemon tart.

So, technically the lemon tart wasn't a dinner but a dessert after lunch. I just wasn't really hungry and didn't eat dinner lol. 

Total calories: ~1159 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


Week 3 Day 5

Weight: +0.2 kg (-1.4 kg weekly total; -2.6 kg total).

Breakfast3/4 of a cup of roasted potatoes with 2 scrambled eggs, small cube of stuffing, tomato, kimchi and a bit of tomato ketchup.

Lunch3/4 of a cup of roasted potatoes with 2 scrambled eggs, small cube of stuffing, tomato, kimchi and a bit of tomato ketchup.

Dinner: homemade veggie soup with a dollop of soya yoghurt and spring onions; a bottle of porter. 

Total calories: ~1012 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


Week 3 Day 6

Weight: +0.6 kg (-0.8 kg weekly total; -2 kg total).

Breakfast: large Yorkshire pudding.

I was heading out to run some errands and didn't really have time to eat anything else, don't judge lol. 

Lunch: white rice with miso aubergine.

Snack: 2.5 pints of ale, curly fries with ketchup. 

Dinner: 1 clementine and 1 apple.

Total calories: ~1167 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


Week 3 Day 7

Weight: -0.7 kg (-1.5 kg weekly total; -2.7 kg total).

Breakfast: peanut butter sesame noodles with tofu and kimchi.

Lunch: Pommes Anna, 2 fried eggs, small cube of stuffing, 2 roasted carrots; lemon tart with berry coulis.

Dinner: banana with peanut butter

Total calories: 1478 kcal

Workout: no workout today.


So, overall I've lost 1.5 kg this week, with the grand total of 2.7 kg loss. I take it as a great win and I'm very proud of myself, especially considering that I only lost 0.2 kg last week. I managed to achieve 1 milestone and my current weekly weight loss rate is 0.94 kg, which predicts that I'll reach my final goal in 7 months! Stay tuned for week 4

My Podcast: A Pint Of Rice | My IG: Lina B 🦭

Byeee~

Lina (Rinatsu)

No comments:

Post a Comment