My Podcast

2023/12/06

Weight loss journey - Week 4

After a successful week 3, I'm back and ready to achieve even more! 

So, last week I managed to achieve an impressive 1.5 kg weight loss, which made my current weight loss rate on Happy Scale become 0.94 kg per week. After such impressive calculations, I'm being shown that I'll achieve my weight loss goal in 7 months, July 2024! Wow, that's really promising, since my weight loss goal is quite big. But we'll see! 

Week 3 weight loss chart

Loving the steep line on my weight loss chart. Not only I can see a difference on the scales, but I'm also seeing a difference on myself. My belly has shrunk massively. I'm not sure whether it's the extra water weight or the bloat. I bloat really easy since I have endometriosis. I can also be an emotional eater. I noticed that since I started eating much smaller portions and my stomach kinda shrank (probably to its normal size lol), I started listening to my body more. If I'm not feeling hungry, I simply don't eat. There's no point sticking to that strict frame that you HAVE to eat 3 meals a day, if your body can't tolerate it. Stick to what your body tells you.


Week 4 Day 1

Weight: +0.4 kg (+0.4 kg weekly total; -2.3 kg total).

Breakfast: kimchi sandwich (2 slices of buttered white bread, 1 Cumberland style plant based sausage from Tesco, a few leaves of spinach, generous bunch of homemade kimchi) with a bit of tomato ketchup.

Lunch: 2 slices of white bread with smoked salmon and cucumber.

Dinner: homemade spaghetti carbonara and a glass of ale.

Total calories: ~1284 kcal

Workout: no workout today.


Week 4 Day 2

Weight: +0.3 kg (+0.7 kg weekly total; -2 kg total).

Breakfast: leftover high protein noodles with miso aubergine and kimchi.

Snack: fresh croissant from Lidl. 

Lunch: 2 pork sausages, 2 eggs, 1 tomato, sautéed mushrooms.

Snack: couple pints of ale at the pub. 

Dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese.

Total calories: ~1684 kcal.

Workout: 50 minute workout session at the gym (5 minutes on elliptical; assisted pull ups, bicep curls); ~220 kcal burned.


Week 4 Day 3

Weight: -0.6 kg (+0.1 kg weekly total; -2.6 kg total).

Breakfast: kimchi sandwich.

Lunch: 2 pork sausages, 2 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, 5 cherry tomatoes.

Snack: fresh pain au raisin from Lidl. 

Dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese and mulled cider.

Total calories: ~1719 kcal.

Workout: 50 minute workout session at the gym (focusing on legs - deadlifts, RDLs, adductor machine, abductor machine, leg press); ~336 kcal burned.


Week 4 Day 4

Weight: +0.5 kg (+0.6 kg weekly total; -2.1 kg total).

I'm so done with this weight jumping. 🙃 The current weight loss chart has flatlined and my weight loss rate is in shambles. What is happening. 😭

Breakfast: 2 pork sausages, 2 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, spinach and cherry tomatoes.

Lunch: a small piece of mushrooms strudel. 

Once again husband and I were running a private event so didn't really have time to eat. 🥲 

Dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese with homemade mulled cider.

Total calories: ~1205 kcal

Workout: no workout but many steps taking due to work.


Week 4 Day 5

Weight: 0 kg (+0.6 kg weekly total; -2.1 kg total).

Oh gosh this is like week 2 all over again. 🥲 Even Happy Scale can't make this look good. The weight loss has completely flatlined this week and weight loss rate is down to 0.61 kg per week. Weight loss goal is now predicted to happen in 11 months. Ugh this sucks!

Breakfast: banana, high protein granola, oat milk.

Lunch: 2 pork sausages, 2 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes. 

Dinner: homemade spaghetti bolognese; lemon tart for dessert; a glass of pale ale.

Total calories: ~1727 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


Week 4 Day 6

Weight: 0 kg (+0.6 kg weekly total; -2.1 kg total).

Pre-breakfast: leftover spaghetti carbonara.

Right, so it's a bit of a weird one. I had a lot of errands to do in town and I was also helping friend collect her new puppy, so in the morning I had a quick bite of leftover spaghetti carbonara (only about 120 kcal worth) and had a proper breakfast when I came back home, that's why I called it pre-breakfast lol. Talking about pre-breakfast, this is actually something that my husband and I discuss on our A Pint Of Rice podcast, Breakfast episode lol. You can find us on any podcast platform you use!

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with potato, plant based sausage, tomato and turkey.

Lunch: homemade spaghetti bolognese; lemon tart for dessert.

Dinnerhigh protein granola with banana and oat milk.

Total calories: ~1589 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


Week 4 Day 7

Weight: -0.3 kg (+0.3 kg weekly total; -2.4 kg total).

Breakfast: leftover spaghetti carbonara with cheddar cheese.

Snack: maple pecan pastry while shopping. 

Lunch: homemade spaghetti bolognese.

You might be wondering why I'm eating so much bolognese... Well, Lawrence made a 4litre worth tub of bolognese so I'm kinda forced to lol but it's making me quite heavy and bloated so I think I need to go back to my soups lol... The beef mince he got was also super fatty so it's causing me heart burn. You'd think that heart burn is an older adult issue but I actually had it since I was a teenager... 🙃

Snack: maple pecan pastry, a few mini macarons.

Today was a damn mess. I was shopping for an upcoming event and running errands and my whole daily schedule ended up being a complete mess. So I ate lunch really late and wasn't hungry but then started craving sugar, which is bad. So I had a few snacks. This is probably my biggest slip up since the beginning of this lol. 

Total calories: ~1617 kcal.

Workout: no workout today.


So, haven't had the best week. My weight has stalled and my current weight loss rate is 0.5 kg a week, which is technically what I initially have set up to do. Unfortunately, I have gained weight this week, although very little, which is not great, but I'm not too upset. I know my diet hasn't been very balanced this week. I've been eating a lot of fatty foods and definitely not drinking enough water. My friend has given me some tips and tricks on how to drink more water so I will be trying those out starting now! Week 5 better be a good one!

My Podcast: A Pint Of Rice | My IG: Lina B 🦭

Byeee~

Lina (Rinatsu)

No comments:

Post a Comment