My Podcast

2012/03/17

New Inspiration - Digital Art

Hello guys!~ Omg long time no write!! (っ゚Д゚;)っ

Anyways..I have to congratulate you with the start of the most awesome season of all - SPRING HAS COME~~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Gonna throw at you all some shining confetti now.

If you live in a place with all four seasons, you probably know the feeling when you lose inspiration to do anything creative in winter but when spring comes it gets all better then! Well, it doesn't count for everyone but it's always like that for me... ><
So, with the new start in the circle of nature, there's a new start for me. Since I'm studying multimedia (first year) which means I will be working with audio, video, graphics, etc., I decided to learn something new that might be useful for me in the future with my studies and even work. So I started to learn how to work with a 3D modelling program called 'Blender'. You just start from this:

And end up with great masterpieces that look like real things! Check out the art gallery of Blender: http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/art-gallery/
So, I started learning how to use it. My main source is Blender Cookie with sooo many great tutorials. From basics to realistic things and even human creating!
First thing I started from was a brick wall. Well, my construction was quite good at first:



Unfortunately, I faced a huge problem. When I just turn Blender off, all my textures are gone next time you turn it on, as you can see in the last picture (no bumps on wall). And YES, I saved them. If you are working with Blender and know what kind of problem this could be then please help me and comment below with your thoughts and possible solution! Thank you!~ m(_ _)m
Although this problem made me really sad... щ(ಥДಥщ) ...and mad... ┻━┻ミ\(≧ロ≦\) ...I decided not to drop my self-learning so I jumped into another project. Balloons!! So, after a few days I got a finished look!

I made balloons myself using a Blender Cookie's tutorial and the background sky with clouds is my taken photo during vacations in Trakai, 2010 summer. (can I say that MY balloons look more realistic than the ones in tutorial? *coughs*)
Well, I don't want to sound swanky but as a first project it went really good! You can find it on DeviantART too: http://rinatsuchan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4rx24x 
Fav and comment, please? ♡♥(。´▽`。)♥♡
So this is everything I wanted to say about my new source of inspiration today. Digital art... Actually, I'm really bad in art. Art in real life. Drawing and painting are the most awkward things that could happen to me. I fail at it big time. But I always wanted to draw nice. So I think that digital art is something that can help me to achieve my dream in other dimension but it helps me to reveal my artistic soul.  ^^
Stay creative,
Rinatsu~
My Twitter | My Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment